Today Joomla decided it wanted to kick me out as Super Administrator…so I went into the users table and reset the admin password using MD5. No Luck!

After a bit of Googling I found that the Joomla core_acl_aro table gets corrupted from time to time. Fortunately for me I had a backup of this table. For anyone needing the schema for this table you can use the following to at least get back into the admin area:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `core_acl_aro`;
CREATE TABLE `core_acl_aro` (
`aro_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`section_value` varchar(240) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
`value` varchar(240) NOT NULL default ”,
`order_value` int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
`name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default ”,
`hidden` int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
PRIMARY KEY (`aro_id`),
UNIQUE KEY `gacl_section_value_value_aro` (`section_value`(100),`value`(100)),
KEY `gacl_hidden_aro` (`hidden`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=11 ;

INSERT DELAYED IGNORE INTO `core_acl_aro` (`aro_id`, `section_value`, `value`, `order_value`, `name`, `hidden`) VALUES
(10, ‘users’, ’62’, 0, ‘Administrator’, 0);

Leave a Reply